Walking along hiking trail
Come and experience the distinct charm of the community of Bragg Creek. Play a round of golf, stroll through tranquil forests, mountain bike or cross country ski on miles of trails, attend a yoga class or just watch the river and creeks roll by. Our charming collection of forested and hillside communities will awaken your sense of wonder and delight.
You’ll discover homes to fit every taste and budget; unique shopping opportunities from artist’s studios and galleries to antique shops and boutiques; and a vibrant calendar of special events, concerts and theatre productions… each tempting you to return time and again to the genuine welcome of the region.
Visitors from around the world come here to escape the crowds and experience the true spirit of Alberta. Take off your watch and make time for a stroll through the forest, lunch at a quaint cafe, or an evening of music… all within easy reach.
Let the relaxed pace and small town ambiance of Bragg Creek take hold, as you experience the warmth and genuine welcome of those who invite you to call this area home.
Here you’ll find why we like to bragg about our community.
- Nestled in the foothills approximately 30 west of the Calgary city limits, the hamlet of Bragg Creek has developed into a “want to live there area” over the last decade.
- We have 2-acre and larger subdivisions with excellent access to the City of Calgary, and the mountain parks including Banff, Jasper, Yoho and Kootenay.
- Bragg Creek borders Kananaskis Country which offers hiking, camping, equestrian, cross-country skiing, off-road activities, fishing and extraordinary scenic surroundings.
- Bragg Creek Provincial Park, located on the south-western border of the hamlet, is a popular recreation and picnic area.
- The Wintergreen Resort offers golfing, exercise facilities as well as sumptuous restaurant and meeting rooms.
- The Redwood Meadows Golf Club is another option for golfers and diners.
- With a wide selection of shops and restaurants, the hamlet is a popular destination for visitors looking for a friendly alternative to Banff.
- The beautiful crystal clear Elbow River flows out of the mountains and through the hamlet to Calgary where it supplies water to the city.
- Bragg Creek flows down from Moose Mountain, through West Bragg Creek and finally into the Elbow in the hamlet.
- Most homes are in the $600,000 to $1 million range, with a mean in the mid-800,000 range.
- The area offers excellent schools, with Banded Peak School only 1 km from the hamlet, and Springbank middle and high schools a 20 minute bus ride away.
Highlights of Bragg Creek Area
- Population: hamlet – 700, region – 4,000; 70% of area residents work in Calgary or other nearby areas
- Location: Township 23, Range 5,West of 5
- Postal Code: T0L 0K0
- 850 homes in Bragg Creek
- 350 homes in Redwood Meadows
- Elevation: 1,300 metres (4,266 feet)
- We are virtually self-sufficient with local doctors, dentist, insurance, groceries, hardware, automotive services and couriers to the city.
- Our new community centre opened in 2000. The Bragg Creek Community Centre provides excellent facilities for residents: arts & crafts, athletics, theatre, music performances, sports programs, and meeting facilities. The main hall can accommodate up to 800 people.
- The Seniors’ Chalet is a log structure that serves as a recreation centre for seniors and a venue for performances and meetings of around 100 people.
- The fire hall and emergency medical services is located at Redwood Meadows, only 5 kilometres away. Redwood Meadows also has a community centre for meetings and local activities.
- The Chinook arch in winter can raise the temperature 20 degrees Celsius in a matter of hours.
- Driest month: February, Wettest: June
- Hard frost: mid-September, last frost: late May
- Growing season: 90-100 days
- Extreme high temperature: 33 degrees Celsius
- Extreme low temperature: -30 degrees Celsius
- Average rainfall: 385 mm
- Average snowfall: 247 cm